Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Muslims Feast ( Eid )

 Eid is a Muslims feast, and how Muslims celebrate their Feast ( Eid ). First, the parents buy new clothes for their children, sometimes some of them buy the clothes before Ramadan starts and other people buy the clothes in the last days of Ramadan. Also, they buy desserts. All women clean their houses well at the last days of Ramadan. Most women help their mother in law in cleaning their houses also in working specially in baking. They always make biscuits and cakes of  feast ( Eid ). However, at 8:30 am in the first day of  feast ( Eid ) all Muslims pray El Eid. After that they go back home and they eat biscuits and cake of Eid. All people say to each other happy feast ( Eid ). In that day the relatives visit each other like uncles and aunts, give their nephews money as we called it Edia to buy any thing that they want. Most of the children buy toys, balls,......etc. And most people are going to cinemas and some of them take their family and go to parks to play with their children to enjoy the days of feast ( Eid ). This is a general celebration in Egypt.


However, for us here my father and my mother tried to give us the same sense as in Egypt. My mother made special chips and biscuits. Also, I helped my mother in doing the desserts and also in cleaning the house because I don't have sisters . In the first day of Eid my father took us to pray El Eid in the mosque at 7:30 am. When we came back home, we took our breakfast. My dad invited his friend's and his family to talk his lunch with us but I was not with them because I had a listening and speaking class. However, after returning me, my dad took us and his friends and we went to the beach in West Haven. Finally, I just want to say that I did not feel the same sense as in Egypt and I hope that I was in Egypt during these days to be with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment