Monday, August 4, 2014

Ramadan

Ramadan is a welfare and charity month. This month is the greatest month of the year for Muslims. Muslims  always wait it eagerly every year because it's the best month for them. Actually all Muslims always pray five times a day, but in this month they are praying more than five times a day. Also, they are fasting every day from 3:30 am to 8:30 pm. We fast this month because our God ordered us to fast to feel what poor people feel when they can not buy food and feel hungery. Also, our God gives permission for anyone ill or who travels for a long time to not fast on that day. Most people invite each other for lunch and some neighbors give each other food and eat with each other. Also, the whole family, like uncles, aunts, the grandparents and everyone in the family are eating with each other. The rich people make big tents to feed the poor people or anyone in the streets who can not go back home in the time to take lunch. And our god ordered rich people to give poor people money to enable them to buy food to feed their family.

                                         

However, for me I don't think that I was in Ramadan because when I was in Egypt, I was playing with my friends after lunch but here I do not have a lot of friends so i'm not playing too much like Egypt. Also, i'm not eating with my family like Egypt and also because the major in Egypt are Muslims so we all feel the same thing so it is interesting there but here just a few people doing that so it is not interesting at all,  but I have to do that because it is a big part of Muslims Religion. I do not feel the same sense like Egypt and my parents tried to make us to feel the same sense like Egypt, but we could not feel the same sense. However, I hope that I was in Egypt in Ramadan to enjoy these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment