Sunday, July 13, 2014

The 4th of July weekend

            This weekend was special for me because usually I spend my weekend with my friends playing soccer, but this weekend was special and different because there were two events that came together. The first one was my brothers were coming from Egypt and the second one was Ramadan. Ramadan is the month that Muslims should be fasting everyday from 3:40 am to 8:30 pm. My dad took a rest from his work for two days, Saturday and SundayOn Saturday my brothers would arrive at 4:30 pm so my father found the opportunity to take us to see New York before my brothers come, and my dad's friend came with us. He took us by car and we were walking about one hour to see New York. Really it is a beautiful city and it is better than New Haven. However, after that he took us to Arabic restaurants and we ate one of the most  delicious Arabic foods that I love. It was kabab and kofta (a kind of meat) and it was very delicious, you can't imagine its taste. However, my dad wanted to stay but he could not because the plane  would arrive at 4:30 pm and the time was 4 o'clock so we had to leave to go to the airport. When we arrived at the airport, we were waiting for my brothers and after they finished their procedures, they came out and when I saw them I hugged them strongly because I hadn't seen them for one year, and then we put the bags in the car to leave for home. During the way we were talking and I asked them about our family and my friends and if every thing was OK. We arrived home around 8 o'clock and then we took our lunch and we slept because we were so tired.


                                     


            Sunday was the first day of Ramadan so we got up about 2 o'clock am to take our Sahoor ( lunch before fasting ) and then we slept again. After that we woke up approximately 1 o'clock pm and and I went with my brother to down town New Haven and we sat on the Green around 1 hour and then we took the bus to go home. After that we went to West Haven to the beach around 6 o'clock and we arrived home about 7:30 pm and my mom prepared our breakfast and we ate it at 8:30 pm. My mom made for us Eastern desserts ( konafa and katayf ). Finally, It was a really good weekend because that is the first weekend I enjoyed for a long time because I was with my brothers and I had not seen them for a long time- about one year, and I love my brothers and I missed them too much so that is why I enjoyed this weekend because I was with my brothers and my family.

                                       
                                                   this is my brother Mahmoud

No comments:

Post a Comment